HOW DO WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it at one of our counters, stores, on our site, our social media platforms or at one of our events. When you visit this site or our social media platforms, we may also collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies or web server logs.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as zip codes
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION GATHERED
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use non-personal information for purposes of displaying advertisements that are more relevant and useful to our existing or potential customers
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and providing you agree to join our mailing list.
We do not share, rent, sell or trade any personal information with any outside organization. We do not rent our mailing list, either paper or electronic, nor do we allow others access to it for any reason. Any information given to the Lightning Hill Candles® is used only for the specific purposes for which you supply it to us.
We will only call you if we have a question or problem about your order.
If we or our credit card processor suspects card fraud, we may contact the holder of a credit card used on an order at the billing address or telephone numbers supplied, or at those supplied by the credit card holder’s bank, to verify the legitimacy of an order.
We retain records of orders, including customer addresses and payment information (EXCLUDING credit card numbers), to permit resolution of disputes and questions, and to provide accounting records. These records are kept confidential and are not shared with any other outside party except as required by law or to resolve billing and credit card disputes.
Any paperwork containing customer names, addresses, or other information is destroyed before being disposed of.
WE MAY ALSO COLLECT SOME OF THE FOLLOWING NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU:
- the IP address of the computer you use to access our site
- the type of browser software you are using
- the date and time you access our site
- the website address, if any, that linked you to our site
- search engine search terms and advertising clicks/actions
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Visitor Statistics Cookies
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com . You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/us/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn’t as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just simply that they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves, pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so-called “remarketing cookie” during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our site. Don’t worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised. You can opt out of these cookies at any time as explained above.
COOKIE SECURITY AND PRIVACY
Cookies are text files stored on your computer, and therefore cannot be used to infect your computer with a virus or allow malicious code to run on your computer. So cookies are not deemed dangerous, however, there may be concerns over privacy.
Cookies cannot access any other information on your computer, so the privacy concerns related to tracking of your sites you browse.
TURNING COOKIES OFF
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]